Saturday 17th December marks the 1st Anniversary date of the hall’s first year of charitable trust ownership. Here’s a brief overview of what has been achieved so far…
- Sports Related Activities (7500+ participants)
- Zumba (2000+ participants)
- Youth and Children’s Activities (2500+ participants)
- Meetings and Surgeries (x80)
- Celebrations – Birthday/Engagement Parties & Christenings etc. (3000+ attendees)
- Band nights (15+ bands have played so far)
- Community Cinema (5 Shows / 700+ visits)
- Car Boot Sales (x3)
- Fun Days, Open Days, Fairs (x5) ·
- Chess Competitions, Drama groups, Music Groups + Flower Show
We have: Secured £84,000 grant income, repaired heating, decorated the hall, installed insulation, repaired doors, improved disabled facilities (ongoing) and won the Jubilee Millions.
We host: The Fruit and Veg. Co-operative (every Saturday at 10am) and Forward Training – youth training scheme.
Phew! Not bad for year one. I wonder how many cakes from the home baking stalls have been eaten?!
If you’d like to help us celebrate we are having a festive evening on Saturday 17th December, ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ will be showing (7.30 for 8pm, £5). We’ll make you merry happy with mulled wine and mince pies!
Thank you for your ongoing support – 2012 can only be bigger and better.
Volunteers are always welcome, if you can help in any way please get in touch.